Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Genesis

January 2005

My what a difference 3 years make.....
i remember like it was yesterday it was a new year and i had big plans like all us do...
u know how u be like this year imma...
or this year its bout go down....
yea yea the same mentality we all have when a new calenders put on a thumb tack...
so one freezing january i decides to go to
New York
Big City of dreams to record
so i hustles up a hot 200 bucks spend 75 bucks on a greyhound ticket and pack my jansport with the little bullshit gear i had....
like 2 pair of jeans and a couple thermals
i had a army surplus jacket that i wore over a champion hoody and some Rockport gore-tex...i caught a 12 hour bus ride to wake up to the one thing that reminds me im in "NY".....Hot Dogs i dont what it is but soon as i arrive to
Port Authority i have to get a hot dog with extra onion sauce and of course a pepsi...i hits the A train to Brooklyn to go over my nigga Trav crib...get off at Utica and met up wit my homey by now i had like 100 bucks left so its nothing else to do but get chronic....grabbed some brain food then we headed to Queens .....where i stayed the next week recording songs at Fire and Ice Studio's ....during that week me and my homey/engineer recorded what my homey Trav ended up naming "Detroit State of Mind" totally his idea with the title...but who knew 2 months later i would get arrested on some old charges which lead me to doing 8 months in the Wayne County Jail....they say u cant go forward until you go back ....so im starting this blog off right with the one that started it all "D.S.O.M"....(to be continued)

1. Trav Intro
2. Detroit State of Mind
3. Street Broadcaster (freestyle)
4. Hustle Constantly (ya damn right) feat. Ru Spits
5. The Description
6. To The Top
7. Love
8. Love Pt. 2
9 Mean Mean Pride
10. Homework
11. Tic Tock
12. Fat Pockets
13. Freestyle (2003)
14. Broke $hit
15. Learn about Me
16. Boomerang
17. Ghetto Life
18. Resevor Dogs
19. 1 Day feat. Ru Spits
Danny Brown Detroit State Of Mind (zip file)

1 comment:

  1. Yo, all I think of when I come to the D is hot dogs dude.

    ReplyDelete